Re: Octave 3.0.0 available for ftp

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave 3.0.0 available for ftp
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:56:14 -0500

On 29-Dec-2007, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
| > Octave 3.0.0 is now available for ftp from ftp.octave.org in the
| > directory /pub/octave:
|
| I've downloaded and built the most recent version.  Looks good folks.
Congrats.

| It seems that the graphics is more responsive now.  After a plot parameter is
changed, the plot seems to appear more quickly than last time I updated Octave.
 Anyone aware of a change that would have caused this or is it just my
imagination?

| Is "replot" supposed to replot the current graphic?  I.e., typing "replot"
currently doesn't bring the plot to the top window of the desktop.

Replot is simply

  function replot ()

    if (nargin == 0)
      drawnow ();
    else
      print_usage ();
    endif

  endfunction

If no aspect of the plot has changed, drawnow doesn't do anything.

| For anyone interested, the CVS version of gnuplot now has an X11 feature
where an X window ID can be passed in as a parameter and the plot will appear
in that window.  This might be useful for an X GUI environment to give the
appearance of everything integrated.

I don't follow.  How would this be used?