Fwd: GPL question about distribution of interface between GPL'ed code an

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Fwd: GPL question about distribution of interface between GPL'ed code and GPL-incompatible software
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 10:23:21 +0100

Hi,

Following the thread about octave license and oct files about 2 weeks ago,
I contacted FSF lab for clarification. You can find the answer below (Note
the IANAL disclaimer notice). Basically, you cannot distribute in any form
oct file (or any code that is linked with octave) that is intended to be linked
with GPL-incompatible software: this means any proprietary software, but
also any free software with a GPLv3-incompatible license.

Bye,
Michael.