Re: Tests for slicing of sparse matrices

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Tests for slicing of sparse matrices
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 09:31:52 +0100

Kim Hansen wrote:
> I wrote some test for slicing sparse matrices in December, here they are.
>
> They have 9 expected errors where sparse and full matrices do not do
> the same. Should I rewrite those tests in order to not call it
> expected errors, if that is the behaviour we want from the sparse
> matrices?

The reason for the 9 failing tests is that this is the behavior of
Matlab itself and so they can't really be said to be failing. Therefore,
I'd say comment out the failing tests before this is included in octave
itself. Also all of these tests are real matrix only and it probably
makes sense to have at least complex versions of the same tests. Though
the code that these tests exercise is all in Sparse<T>::assign and
Sparse<T>::assign1 functions so the same code is exercised in both case,
this might not always be the case, and having the same tests with
different matrix types might avoid issues in the future.

Regards
David

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only