Re: oct2mat script based on parse tree

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: oct2mat script based on parse tree
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:57:37 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:
On  9-Jan-2008, Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
| > On  9-Jan-2008, Muthiah Annamalai wrote:
| >
| > | we have some
| > | issues,like I didnt have boolean expressions involving strings folded | > | over.
| >
| > I don't understand what you mean by that.
| >
| > jwe
| > | This is the boolean exp -> const , folding I was talking about.

OK.  I suppose it would be useful to have an option to turn off any
optimizations that happen in the parser.  It should be easy to do, and
I see that as independent of your tree walking code.

jwe

I have attached a patch to allow conditional tree folding.
It works using the global variable

bool parser_folding_and_optimization_flag;

which user must push onto unwind stack, and use
the accessor functions

parser_enable/disable_optimization()

and query by

parser_require_optimization()

I have one problem however, the various symbols are not exported,
and I think it maybe due to a clock-skew in my box, which I cannot fix.
So I hope this patch is correct. Waiting for my build to complete.
The changes are correct syntactic/semantically however.
I can confirm the patch works as expected. The clock-skew
was the culprit.
-Muthu