Re: some errors after starting octave-3.0.0

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: some errors after starting octave-3.0.0
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 01:50:39 +0100

Daniel J Sebald wrote:
> address@hidden wrote:
>
>> For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.
>>
>> error: structure has no member `archprefix'
>
> I'm getting the same error at startup on my work system, but haven't
> investigated yet.  On my home system Octave makes no such complaints
> after the update.  I downloaded from CVS.
>
> Dan

Remove the .octave_packages file in your home directory or run "pkg
rebuild" to rebuild it from the installed package. Note that as the API
version in Octave 3.0.0 changed, the oct-files in your installed
packages won't work in any case so you're better off just trashing all
your installed octave-forge packages and rebuilding them.