Re: some errors after starting octave-3.0.0

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: some errors after starting octave-3.0.0
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:47:03 -0600

David Bateman wrote:

Remove the .octave_packages file in your home directory or run "pkg
rebuild" to rebuild it from the installed package. Note that as the API
version in Octave 3.0.0 changed, the oct-files in your installed
packages won't work in any case so you're better off just trashing all
your installed octave-forge packages and rebuilding them.

OK, thanks David.  Is this documented anywhere so that people can find this info fairly
quickly?  "help pkg" looks the place to start.  I'll go through the process of
trouble shooting as though I don't know what to do and see how arcane it is to solve this.

Dan