Re: some errors after starting octave-3.0.0

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: some errors after starting octave-3.0.0
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:39:52 +0100

Daniel J Sebald wrote:
> David Bateman wrote:
>
>> Remove the .octave_packages file in your home directory or run "pkg
>> rebuild" to rebuild it from the installed package. Note that as the API
>> version in Octave 3.0.0 changed, the oct-files in your installed
>> packages won't work in any case so you're better off just trashing all
>> your installed octave-forge packages and rebuilding them.
>
> OK, thanks David.  Is this documented anywhere so that people can find
> this info fairly quickly?  "help pkg" looks the place to start.  I'll
> go through the process of trouble shooting as though I don't know what
> to do and see how arcane it is to solve this.
>
> Dan

Except on the mailing lists no.. The package manager format changed
around 2.9.15 to meet a requirement by Fedora for the architecture
dependent/independent split of the octave-forge packages.. Upto 3.0 the
package format was considered as not being fixed and in any case you had
to reinstall all packages for each new release of Octave as the API
version number changed...

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only