Re: Graphics properties implementation

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Graphics properties implementation
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:11:50 +0200

On Jan 11, 2008 5:39 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally succeeded to get a working version of the graphics system
> with typed property classes. The (rather long) patch is in attachment.
> As far as I could test, it seems to work OK, except some glitches
> (see below). It's probably not perfect and I'm sure some adaptation
> will be needed, but I think it's a good start and a candidate for
> initial commit.
>
> If this gets commited, I encourage everybody to give it a try and
> test as much as possible the various plotting routines to detect
> any problem.

I tries the patch on my local copy. I have some comments (so far only
for compilation):

there are a lot of warning like:
graphics.h:700: warning: declaration of 'name' shadows a member of 'this'
graphics.h: In constructor 'handle_property::handle_property(const
std::string&, const graphics_handle&, const graphics_handle&)':

is this OK?

Also, there is one function which seems out of place
axes::properties::set_defaults which is in graphics.cc
No other objects have this function, and in it the properties are
initialized. Since this function is not auto generated, the values
might not correspond to the default values  in the
BEGIN_PROPERTIES/END_PROPERTIES block.
Does anyone remember what this function is? Can we delete it or at
least take out all the assignments ?

Shai