ckw-mod : Light console software may be used for the Octave for Windows

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: ckw-mod : Light console software may be used for the Octave for Windows
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:58:00 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I'm now preparing the octave-forge package for my mingw-octave distribution.
At that time I also bundle with the ckw-mod, which resembles to the console32.
Here I would like to introduce it as a console software for Octave for Windows.
(Except for the cygwin. For the cygwin, the ck exists.)

Unlike console32, it is simple and very light.
The mouse copy and paste faculities are resemble to the rxvt.

The document I prepared for the next Octave-mingw disrbution for ckw-mod.
In addtion I attached the configration file 'ckw.cfg' for the distribution.
At the end of the mail, my documentation for the ckw-mod is desrcribed.

For the download please show it

Regards

Tatsuro

***************
The ckw is the console software like the console32.
Unlike the console32, it is a very simple software.
The original creator is Kazuo Ishii.
Unfortunately he stopped the support in 2007.

The ckw-mod is a modifed version of ckw.
Now it is maintained by 'hideden' from Nov. 2007. <address@hidden>
('hideden' is name of the current maintainer in his internet activities.)

Original distributed place.
Binary
http://hideden.net/pub/ckw-0.8.10-mod2-bin.zip
Source
http://hideden.net/pub/ckw-0.8.10-mod2-src.zip

The license of the this software is under the GPL ver.2.
Please read 'COPYING' in details.

Manual was prepared only in Japanese.  So I am now translating it
but have not finished yet. :-)

*****************
Simple explanations of the ckw

Program: ckw.exe
Setting file : ckw.cfg

Copy and paste facilites via mouse resemble to those the Unix terminal software.
The characters in dragged area are stored in pasting buffer
and they are pastable to the ckw console and the other softwares.
Pasting from the pasting buffer to the ckw console is realised
to push the scroll button of your mouse.

The setting file is the ckw.cfg.
This file should be placed in the same folder as in the ckw.exe.
You can change the setting by editing it by a suitable text editor or the
notepad.
The '!' mark denotes the comment.
************

The question to this software in English is to be sent to me (Tatsuro MATSUOKA).
address@hidden

Because I'm a distributor of this software to people of non-Japanese.
Please write the keyword ckw in the e-mail subject.

No Warranty
 Please use it at your own risk.

Note
 This software worked well on the windows 2000/XP in Japanese version.
 Perhaps it may work on the windows 2000/XP in other langauges.
 However, on the Vista, I do not think that it works well
 but try it by yourself. :-)

This document is written by Tatsuro MATSUOKA at Jan. 13, 2008.

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/