Re: Graphics properties implementation

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Graphics properties implementation
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:46:51 +0100

On 1/13/08, Kai Habel <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> here is a patch to add missing patch properties.
> But have a question:
>
> I am not sure when to use the 'a' qualifier for radio properties.
> Michael has used both versions for the patch object e.g.:

> radio_property linestyle , "{-}|--|:|-.|none"
> radio_property interpreter a , "{tex}|none|latex"
>

> For the new radio properties ones I have always used the 'a' qualifier,
> but is this ok?

This modifier is actually ignored by the genprops.awk script. Currently,
a, o and O modifiers are ignored, because of the uniformization of
the property code; all set_xxx methods performs assignment from
octave_value. These flags are probably not needed anymore.

Concerning the patch, it looks good. What's then needed now is some
"behavioral" code to react to some property changes:
- face-vertex to X-Y-Z representation conversion and the otherway around
- automatic computation of the normals
- setting vertexnormals manually should set normalmode to true
If you're willing to do it, please go ahead. I implemented these kind of
things in JHandles, so you might want to take a look.

Michael.