Crash when clearing "ans" variable in symbol table

From: Thomas Kasper
Subject: Crash when clearing "ans" variable in symbol table
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:57:41 +0100

The code in question is mine. After upgrading to current cvs I see
the same crash on my linux pc. Curiously, the command
test ("__ga__", "quiet", stdout) works fine when issued from the
interpreter-prompt, so the problem really seems to be the nested structure
__ga__ -> test -> __ga__. This is what Michael already said, but for some
reason I found it worth pointing out...

Without knowing anything precise, I wonder if the issue could be related to the
recently merged objects branch? Anyway, if you find anything suspicious about
my code, please let me know. (I merely hit on this by chance when browsing
through the mailing list, but I am not subscribed.)

I can offer to add the dependency octave <= 3.0.0 to the package
description. However, the minimal requirement being >= 3.0.0 this would
make for a fairly narrow interval. Did I read somewhere on the list that
octave was a moving target? Indeed...

Thomas