AW: Re: forwarded message from Lut Mentz

From: address@hidden
Subject: AW: Re: forwarded message from Lut Mentz
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:32:52 +0000 (GMT)

Ok, I'm using WinXP SP2 and actually I have changed my resolution
to 1024x768 and get the same problem. So it is a resolution problem
and not
because the combination of win98/IE6 (again, I'm using winXP/IE6)

This could be solved. On the net are different tutorials and
guide's how to
make resolution dependent layouts with css
e.g. http://www.themaninblue.com/writing/perspective/2004/09/21/

I'm still having no time (yes yes, still my second son :-(   )

and by the way, I think this page should care about IE6 (7 ...)
because on octave-forge
is a windows version of octave. And some IT-heads (like in my
office) use only IE :-(
and this page should not make the same unreliable thing (like
Microsoft) and exclude
"non GNU browsers" from a well designed page.

Michael

<address@hidden>
>Betreff: Re: forwarded message from Lut Mentz
>
>On Jan 16, 2008 8:18 AM, address@hidden
><address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> I don't have this problems and in the office, I have to use
IE6!
>> For me exist only one problem. If the window is to small, the
>> navigation is first placed, the text is below, but this is a
known
>> CSS problem
>
>I see this problem on IE6 running on Win98 at 1024x768 screen
>resolution. It is really a minor problem -- it looks like IE
thinks
>the page width is a little more than what it really is and so you
>loose a word at the end of each line. It's annoying. I have no
idea
>how to fix it.
>
>Shai

IE6?