Re: distributed version control

From: Peter A. Gustafson
Subject: Re: distributed version control
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:41:46 -0500

On Friday 18 January 2008 15:48:15 John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 18-Jan-2008, Peter A. Gustafson wrote:
> | My votes are for git.
>
> Any particular reason?
>
> Also, I think you have to lose a few votes for having sent the message
> to address@hidden and the alias
> address@hidden  Or maybe you were trying to stuff the
> ballot box?
>
> jwe

Your going to dock me votes?!?  You'll dock me even more when you hear my
answer.  Doh! Now I'll have to wait for the other >99.999999999%

The reasons is simple and selfish... A while ago I had a similar choice to
make for my own work (moving away from svn) and that is what I chose.

The first conversions all went without a hitch (1 large and 2 small
repositories so far).  My early experiences have been relatively painless.

Having no other motivations I voted my momentum.  (A clean software transition
leaves a very good impression.  For that matter, a similarly clean transition
brought me to use octave in the first place.)

Pete Gustafson