Re: distributed version control

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: distributed version control
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:02:46 +0100

* David Bateman <address@hidden> [2008-01-28 15:38]:

> One thing I love about SVN and I hope any future version control system
> for Octave will have is a means of checking out and committing through
> https. This allows a transparent pass through of any corporate firewall
> and make the life of anyone developing code behind one much easier. The
> conversation in this thread doesn't seem to address whether any of the
> proposed tools has this capability or not.

As regards git, commands like git-clone [1] and git-pull [2] accept a wide
range of URL types (look for the sections "GIT URLS" in the man pages
below).

[1] http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-clone.html
[2] http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-pull.html

It would surprise me if hg had not the same capability.

--
Rafael