Re: distributed version control

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: distributed version control
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:23:18 +0100

On Jan 29, 2008 9:20 AM, Shai Ayal <address@hidden> wrote:
> well, if you (jwe) want to pull from someone, that someone needs a
> web-accessible archive. Using a public archive like the ones above
> should provide a solution for someone with no access to a permanent
> host -- As an example, I work from home and have a dynamic IP, and my
> laptop is mostly powered off, so running a server from home is
> problematic

I'm rather new to these SCM (I'm used to CVS), so I don't know if the
following fits well in the "distributed source control paradigm", but
we (== Shai and I, at least) could share a public "graphics" archive
somewhere (to be defined), from which John could pull changes he
wants to include. So it would not be "people"-related public archives,
but "development topic"-oriented.

Michael.