Re: octave contributions (more): list mechanics, packages

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: octave contributions (more): list mechanics, packages
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:26:19 -0600

Thomas L. Scofield wrote:

OK. I am now subscribed to the maintainers list. I don't have that much experience with mail lists, so my first questions are about writing to this one.

Does this message start a new thread?

Yes, go to

http://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2008-January/thread.html

to see near the bottom of the page your new thread.

How do I go about continuing/ adding to an old thread? I received mail directly from John Eaton and Soren Hauberg when I wrote before. Am I correct in thinking that, to view responses in general, you must actively do so (i.e., use a browser and visit the list website)?

I wish there were a way to break into a thread from the website browser.  (If
anyone knows of a way, let us know.)  Some times I like to tune out and check
the website archive on a monthly basis.

Dan