Re: [Graphics] More convenient backend access

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: [Graphics] More convenient backend access
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 09:07:45 +0200

On Jan 25, 2008 5:11 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2008 4:05 PM, Shai Ayal <address@hidden> wrote:
> > well, how about a figure.backend property which you can set/get and
> > also set a default for in the usual way (in the root figure). Will
> > that work with your current implementation by just adding this
> > property and the appropriate set method (get is trivial) or is there
> > something I missed which will cause a major recode?
>
> No, I don't think so. Just write a manual set_backend (or should
> it be set___backend__, to map a __backend__ property) and
> make it close the figure (without popping it), before changing the
> backend

Attached is a patch which adds the figure.__backend__ property and
relevant set method
Michael, can you please have a look and approve -- I'm not sure I
understood the interaction between graphics_backend and figure.

Shai

2008-02-01  Shai Ayal  <address@hidden>

        * graphics.h.in (figure): add __backend__ property and set method
        (class graphics_backend): add find_backend method