Re: Polyfit with scaling

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Polyfit with scaling
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 14:12:14 -0500

On Feb 1, 2008, at 9:15 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

On Jan 31, 2008, at 9:26 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

I should mention that nothing has been done to ensure that the second output respects the normalization of the dependent variable.

I'll look into what needs to be done there, if it is possible ... or more to the point, if I'm up to the task ;-)

If anyone has experience or background in how the job might be done, please feel free to contribute or to point me in the right direction!

Ben

I've added some code to mock the 2nd output, and have fixed a bug.

In this version, the Cholesky factor and the Vandermonde matrix which are returned as fields on the 2nd output are not used in the solution. The matrices that are used are representative of the scaled version of x.

While this is not a pretty solution, I don't know what else might be done. Any thoughts?

Ben