Re: removing graphics.h from stamp-prereq in src/Makefile.in

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: removing graphics.h from stamp-prereq in src/Makefile.in
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:29:32 +0100

On Wed, Feb 6, 2008 at 12:26 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On  6-Feb-2008, Michael Goffioul wrote:
>
> | Please bear with me. I'm not using GCC, but I'm trying to make MSVC to
> | behave as GCC, which is not an easy task. Of course, the "-M" flag is
> | not supported by MSVC, so I emulate it in cc-msvcl. This emulation actually
> | performs a "cc-msvc -E" and parse the output to extract dependency.
> | It happens that MSVC also outputs '#line' statements for included files.
> | So the '#line' statements produced by bison are also catched by this
> | -M emulation.
>
> OK, so since you are only looking at preprocessed source code, you
> don't see the #include lines, correct?

Indeed. I wouldn't like to re-implement pre-processing behavior myself.

> I don't see a simple way to do
> any better.  So does the patch I sent to use bison's -o option at
> least avoid the problem?

It should (because the '#line' statements would then mention parse.cc
and not y.tab.c). OTOH, the little other patch I sent (that adds '-l' flag
to YFLAGS in Makeconf.in) also avoids the problem, because bison
does not produce '#line' statement anymore.

Michael.