Re: switching from CVS to Mercurial

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: switching from CVS to Mercurial
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 23:54:19 +0100

Ok, I have a mercurial repository setup on my home machine and have both
ssh and http/https connections configured to it. The web interface is
available at

http://hg.dbateman.org/

I configured it with two repositories as that seems a likely scenario,
with one for me to push to and a second for someone else (Michael?). It
seems. I can clone/pull over http, and it seems to be possible to push
over SSL, though 'm still figuring that out. I'll need to get that
working if I want to push to this repository from work.

For those with an ssh account on my machine they can do

hg clone ssh://address@hidden//hg/graphics

though this is only Michael at the moment. You can push over ssh with
something like

hg push ssh://address@hidden//hg/graphics

and maintain the repository in sync with the www.octave.org one like

hg fetch http://www.octave.org/hg/octave
hg push ssh://address@hidden//hg/graphics

or

hg fetch http://www.octave.org/hg/octave
hg push http://goffioul:<password>@hg.dbateman.org/graphics

though I believe that the password can't have characters that have other
meanings in URLs. Would this be a reasonable solution for at least Shai,
Michael and myself? I'll need to give you an ssh account on my machine
Shai to make this work though..

D.