C++ namespace?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: C++ namespace?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 05:23:22 -0500

A message was sent recently to the help list requesting that we put
the Octave classes/functions in a namespace.  Since the poster was not
subscribed to the list, the message was not posted automatically.
Also, since it was not really a request for help using Octave, I asked
that he repost his message here, but I haven't seen it.  In any case,
the suggestion has merit, so what do people think about introducing an
"octave" namespace around all the C++ functions in the Octave
libraries?