Re: 3.0.1 release?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: 3.0.1 release?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:10:13 -0500

On Feb 12, 2008, at 5:17 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:

Are there any critical patches that should be included or bugs that
should be fixed before we make 3.0.1?

jwe

I have two patches, respecting bugs, I'd like to see committed.

"inconsistent condition numbers from cond, det, inv functions"
http://www.nabble.com/inconsistent-condition-numbers-from-cond%2C-det%2C-inv-functions-tc15330097.html

"Statistics function improperly computing median"
http://www.nabble.com/Statistics-function-incorrectly-computing-median-tc14644111.html

There's also the one below (I haven't submitted a patch as of yet)

"Polyfit with scaling"
http://www.nabble.com/Polyfit-with-scaling-tc15191415.html

I've completed the change to polyfit() and polyval(). However, the tolerance/prediction intervals calculated by my polyconf() need to be compared to Matlab (I've modified polyval to depend upon polyconf). I can either submit a patch now and patch polyconf later ... *if* there is a bug, or wait until someone with a copy of Matlab's statistics toolbox shows up to help.

Ben