Re: [changeset] legendre.m

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [changeset] legendre.m
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:37:58 -0500

On Feb 20, 2008, at 10:00 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 20-Feb-2008, Ben Abbott wrote:

| EOL problems are likely. This file was emailed back and forth a few
| times.
|
| I converted all dos/mac EOLs to the unix variant.

I applied this patch along with some style fixes for the code and the
Texinfo markup, mostly to move text out of the @example environments
and to also avoid placing @deftypefnx macros in the middle of hte
doc string.  The initial part of the documentation now says:

-- Function File: L = legendre (N, X)
-- Function File: L = legendre (N, X, NORMALIZATION)
    Compute the Legendre function of degree N and order M.  The
    optional argument my be one of `"unnorm"', `"sch"', or `"norm"'.
    The default is `"unnorm"'.  The value of N must be a non-negative
    scalar integer.

    If the optional argument NORMALIZATION is missing or is
    `"unnorm"', compute the Legendre function of degree N and order M
    and return all values for M = 0 ... N.  The return value has one
    dimension more than X.

Where does M come from?

jwe

ok ... good point.