Re: Octave and GSOC'2008

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave and GSOC'2008
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:58:58 +0100

On 2/26/08, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> I agree, this is a good candidate for a GSOC project. Also because this
> is an area where most (all?) people on already associated with Octave
> lack knowledge, so we could use some fresh blood :-)
>
> Other projects could be
>
> *) Improve the debugger.

*) Profiling system

> *) Develop a graphical interface for Octave.
> *) Implement the OpenGL plotting backend.

Hmm...,
I'm already working on this (together with Shai). Things are
progressing well (can render lines, surfaces and patches).
There's currrently no public archive available, but I was
thinking about providing one to attract testers. I expect
a decent rendering system will be ready for this summer.

Michael.