Debugger problems

From: John Swensen
Subject: Debugger problems
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:33:50 -0500

I am starting work again on making the debugger more compatible with Matlab, but I think a problem was introduced when the object branch was checked in. Now, when I try to set a breakpoint, it tells me: error: octave_base_value::user_function_value(): wrong type argument `<unknown type>'
error: add_breakpoint: unable to find the function requested
However, if I first call the function, then try to set the breakpoint, there are no problems. So I think the problem is that somehow the new use of symbol_table::find_user_function (fname) behaves differently than how I used to do it with curr_sym_tab->lookup (fname). I looked through symtab.h to see if there is a member function of the symbol_table singleton that would first "load" the function before setting the breakpoint, but couldn't find anything.

Any suggestions?

John Swensen