octave & intel C++

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: octave & intel C++
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:29:47 +0100

hello,

I'm trying to compile recent snapshot of Octave's sources with Intel
C++/Fortran (10.1) on an AMD Opteron machine.
I've encountered the following problems:
1. --disable-picky-flags does not seem to work for configure. At
least, -Wall -W -Wshadow are always appended to the flags,
which causes icpc complain about the ambiguous -W.

2. libcruft compiles successfully, but liboctave does not. The error
occures on Array-C.cc, caused by instantiation of
octave_sort<Complex>. The compiler gripes that it cannot find operator
< (Complex, Complex).
It works if #include <oct-sort.cc> is moved behind these operator
declarations in Array-C.cc.
(is this the way it should be fixed? If so, I'll make a changeset)

3. more will follow ...

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert