Re: 3.0.1 release?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 3.0.1 release?
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 03:05:10 -0500

On 13-Feb-2008, Fredrik Lingvall wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
| > Are there any critical patches that should be included or bugs that
| > should be fixed before we make 3.0.1?
| >
| > jwe
| >
| I've noticed that the actual thickness of the lines set with, for example,
|
| plot(x,y,'LineWidth',3);
|
| appears thicker in the png terminal compared to the eps terminal.
| I roughly have to double (or tripple) the LineWidth arg when printing
| to eps files.

I don't think we do anything differently for one particular terminal
or another, so I'm guessing this is just a difference in the way the
two gnuplot terminal drivers work.

For example, do you see the same results with

  set style line 1 linewidth 3
  plot sin (x) with lines linestyle 1
  set output "foo.png"
  set terminal png color
  replot
  set output "foo.eps"
  set terminal postscript eps color
  replot

using gnuplot directly?  If so, and you think this is a bug, then
report it to the gnuplot developers.