Allow installation of extracted packages with pkg.m

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Allow installation of extracted packages with pkg.m
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 21:21:52 +0100

The attached changeset allows the installation of already extracted
tarballs. It hooks into the normal installation process, just after the
extraction.

There's a FIXME comment in the patch, as I don't understand the
necessity for the
  from k=3: length(dirlist)
loop. If you look at the unchanged code, length(dirlist) is checked to be not >3
just before this loop.

By the way, I think a dummy pkg inside the Octave sources for testing
pkg.m would make sense (to have meaningfull diffs, it would be tarred up
as part of the unit testing).

        Thomas