Debbugs bugtracker testbed for Octave?

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Debbugs bugtracker testbed for Octave?
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:06:51 +0100

Hi,

as some of you may know, the GNU Emacs developers are currently looking
for a bug tracker. Richard M Stallman's requirements seem to coincide
with ours, most important being the full usability by e-mail.

Anyway, Don Armstrong, debbugs' current maintainer, has set up a testbed
for the Emacs developers. I asked him whether it would be possible to
use this testbed for the Octave developers, too.

He doesn't mind, though suggested that we should use another testbed, as
there seem to be some Emacs-specific settings in the testbed, already.
He is willing to set up such a testbed, but suggested it might be best
if the core developers

a) check out how debbugs functions in general, to avoid false
impressions from the start.

b) ask him about the setup afterwards.

To get a general idea of how working with debbugs looks like, have a
look at the archive of the emacs testbed:

http://lists.donarmstrong.com/pipermail/emacsbugs/

A web interface (searching and viewing only) is available at
http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/

Note: the documentation and templates are heavily Debian-branded, but
quoting Don:
"[You'll have to ignore any Debian specific branding that's in the
documentation, as the most accurate, most up-to-date documentation
doesn't have the automatic branding hooks.]"
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-02/msg01731.html

        Thomas