Re: Multilingual pager for octave on windows

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Multilingual pager for octave on windows
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:39:29 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Sorry 'less' has been already supports multilingual environment on windows.

In startup batch file
 set LANG=(correct locale) like :set LANG=ja_JP.SJIS
or

in .octaverc

putenv('LANG','ja_JP.SJIS')

Although some characters seem still to be failed to be represented correctly,
the above setting prevents the screen is filled with ugly control codes!!!!!!
:-).

The newest less binary is available from

http://www.greenwoodsoftware.com/less/faq.html

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/