Fwd: failed build with current mercurial sources

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Fwd: failed build with current mercurial sources
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:58:53 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: failed build with current mercurial sources
To: "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>
<address@hidden>

>  OK, now I see that the problem that we tried to avoid by introducing
 >  libcruft/blas-xtra/xzdotu.f will show up with the zdotc function
 >  called from zqrhqv.  The following changes should avoid the problem,
 >  but at the expense of not using an accelerated version of the zdotc
 >  function.  If we can modify the configure script to detect these kinds
 >  of incompatibilities in the Fortran compilers, then maybe we can
 >  eventually remove the xzdotc.f and xzdotu.f files from Octave.

 attached is a patch that implements ithis check (whether ZDOTC and
 ZDOTU are callable from Fortran) in acx_blas.m4.

 It also makes the libcruft/blas-xtra/xzdot?.f into simple wrappers and reverts
 libcruft/qrupdate/zqrqhv.f to previous revision.

 If incompatibility is detected, the libcruft's BLAS version is used.
 Or is there a better option?

 --
 RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
 computing expert