Re: New Function: verlessthan.m

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: New Function: verlessthan.m
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:21:15 -0400

On 20-Mar-2008, David Bateman wrote:

| This is true for compatibility with Matlab. However, it might be useful
| in itself within Octave code to have a check on a package version
| number. Whether that should be done with a function with the same name
| as the equivalent Matlab function is a different question..

I don't think pkg.m is big enough yet, so maybe this functionality
should go there?  Perhaps

  pkg require PACKAGE VERSION

to mean that the version for PACKAGE must be at least VERSION (or
perhaps exactly the specified version if the version string begins
with "=").

However, I think feature tests would be better than comparing version
numbers.