Re: Plot command sequence behavior

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Plot command sequence behavior
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:38:27 -0400

On 24-Mar-2008, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| > Or just add plot decorations after making the plot:
| >
| >   plot (0:50);
| >   title ("hi");
|
| But then after typing in a bunch of decorations and deciding the plot doesn't
look exactly right and one wants to

|   plot (0:60)
|
| instead then it is back to entering all the decorations.

Then complain to the MathWorks because we don't get to choose the
semantics for the Matlab functions if we are to have compatible
behavior.

| Just seems odd, that's all.  If one opens a new figure, then yes all
decorations should be cleared, but when just essentially changing the data for
the existing plot?

Then use

  set (gca (), "xdata", new_xdata, "ydata", new_ydata);

etc.