Re: Changing octave to exploit multi-core hardware

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Changing octave to exploit multi-core hardware
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:55:06 -0400

On 25-Mar-2008, Aaron Birenboim wrote:

| I install octave everyplace else (no licensing) for short, simple tasks.

Octave also has a license.

| I would certainly see a great benefit in adding some parallelism to some
| of the core matrix ops.

If there is some change to Octave that you could benefit from, then I
encourage you to contribute the changes or to provide funding to
someone who can make the changes you desire.

In any case, if you use Octave for your business, I encourage you to
consider making a donation to the project (if you already have, then
thanks for helping to support Octave's development).