log1p & expm1 functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: log1p & expm1 functions
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:47:30 -0400

On 18-Mar-2008, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| again, this time working (hopefully) for complex numbers.

I applied this patch.

| btw. it's a minor drawback that adding a new builtin special function
| involves modifying more than 20 files.
| Could this be simplified? Admittedly, new functions are not added that
often...

Until recently they were defined mostly in one file using a macro and
some messy logic in a special class, but then that made them different
from other built-in functions.  I think the flexibility of using the
octave_value class for dispatching, and being able to have a single
core function in the Array class is more important than how many files
must be modified to add one of these functions.  But anyone can see a
way to simplify it while keeping the current structure, please submit
a patch.

Thanks,