Re: Implementation of convn

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Implementation of convn
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:29:48 -0400

On 27-Mar-2008, David Bateman wrote:

| /usr/share/octave/3.0.0/m/polynomial
| /usr/lib/octave/3.0.0/oct/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
|
| when then create a directory structure under the architecture dependent
| directory, like
|
| /usr/lib/octave/3.0.0/oct/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/polynomial
|
| where the architecture dependent and independent "polynomial"
| directories are considered part of the same package. When can then have
| the private directories
|
| /usr/share/octave/3.0.0/m/polynomial/private
| /usr/lib/octave/3.0.0/oct/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/polynomial/private
|
| and that both m-files and oct-files from the polynomial package can call
| private functions in both the architecture dependent and independent
| private directories..

That's a possibility, but I don't see how we reliably match up the
directories given that we have core and site directory trees and
anyone can create their own (even more than one).  If all are merged,
then a user would have access to core private functions simply by
creating (for example) a ~/octave/polynomial directory and adding it
to the path.