Superfluous warning "load: file found in load path"?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Superfluous warning "load: file found in load path"?
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:59:31 -0400

On 28-Mar-2008, Moritz Borgmann wrote:

| what is the purpose of this warning on line 482 of src/load-save.cc?
|
|                warning_with_id ("Octave:load-file-in-path",
|                                 "load: file found in load path");

I think it's a likely source of confusion to find data files along the
load path since it is too easy to open the wrong file.  Even if I
thought it was a good idea to find data files in a path, I don't think
the path for finding .m files should also be overloaded for finding
data files.

| Can we get rid of it?

No.  It's just a warning, and you can disable it using the warning
ID.  Or, you can use full file names for the files you open.