proposed mini FAQ posting for comp.soft-sys.octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: proposed mini FAQ posting for comp.soft-sys.octave
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:37:22 -0400

There is a little-used newsgroup for Octave that was created sometime
in 2006, I think.  It gets very little traffic as most people
participate in the mailing lists.  I'd prefer to keep it that way as
the lists work just fine.  But some people may see the lack of
traffic on the newsgroup and think the Octave project is unpopular or
dead.  So I propose sending the following posting to the
comp.soft-sys.octave group at least monthly.  Comments?

Thanks,

jwe