Re: Octave workshop for Octave 3.0.0 on windows Xp

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave workshop for Octave 3.0.0 on windows Xp
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 07:16:16 +0900 (JST)

Hello

> Ryan Rusaw has, as part of the Octclipse project, implemented a) a
> console proxy that allows IDEs to attach to Octave via sockets, and
> b) a wrapper that implements the DBGP (Common Debugger Protocol) on
> top of Octave; again, IDEs can attach to this standardized interface.
> I'm not too familiar with the technicalities, but this sort of stuff
> looks interesting in my eyes and may fall under the category "good
> hooks", possibly applicable beyond the Octclipse project. Broadly
> speaking, once one supports simple and standardized interfaces, there
> may be a whole ecosystem of (GUI) tools available to interact with
> Octave that weren't necessarily made for that.

I have downloaded the Octclipse.
I cannot find out how it bind to octave itself.
On QtOctave, the octave-MSVC is included.
However the Octclipse does not.
Perhaps it is required to set something.

I cannot find out it in the help.

It would be grateful for me to introduce me a tutorial.

Tatsuro

Regards

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/