Re: [Changeset] plotyy leaves traces of previous plots

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [Changeset] plotyy leaves traces of previous plots
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:13:06 -0400

On 31-Mar-2008, David Bateman wrote:

| The remain issue is whether the manner to detect that the current axis
| handle points to one of a plotyy set of axes handles is correct. I used
| the activepositionproperty of the axis to do this, but I'm not sure this
| is valid. So I'd appreciate feedback from Michael or Shai if you have
| some advice on this point..

Matlab's documentation for newplot suggests that all it looks at is
the nexplot property of the current figure and the current axes, and
also the handlevisibility propery of the children of the current
figure and axes objects.  It's not clear to me whether we can do more
than that in the newplot function and have compatible behavior (which
I realize we don't have now, even before the proposed changes).