Re: run-octave on the cygwin

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: run-octave on the cygwin
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:24:17 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Sorry the previosu posting was not revised at all so that English was too bad
to be understood.
Please ignore it.

> run-octave should work in cygwin
> if you comment the LD_PRELOAD definition.
>
> # LD_PRELOAD="$liboctinterp $liboctave $libcruft" \
>
> at least in this way I can run the full
> test suite before packaging

Thakns. It worked.
I have been tested after install at ..../test by executeing fntests.m from the
octave prompt.
>From now, I can do it by  'make check'

However, in case of octave-3.0.0+, run-octave is used during  'make' for making
images by the octave
script of sparseimages etc.
Then make stops at run-octave is executed.

Hi, John,  is it possible to comment out run-octave.in before './configure'.

If it is possible to detect the run-octave shell comand working on cygwin, I
can consider the patch.

BTW: Marco
>http://matzeri.altervista.org/cygwin/octave/

Oh! you have already prepared octave binaries in the cygwin distribution style.
It is a good news!!!

Do you use an original gcc-3.4.4-3 on cygwin?
How about the speed?
In my experience of octave 2.1.7x, the speed of the binary depends on version
of cygwin1.dll for sjlj
exception case.

Anyway I am glad to see your working on the cygwin based octave.

Thanks

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/