Re: 3.0.1 release? (failed build on OSX)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: 3.0.1 release? (failed build on OSX)
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 07:52:51 -0700

On Friday, April 04, 2008, at 10:12AM, "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden> wrote:
>On  4-Apr-2008, Ben Abbott wrote:
>
>| I've updated my sources this morning. Unfortunately, after switching
>| to the 3-0-x branch, the build of liboctave still fails as it did above.
>
>After updating and switching, did you run
>
>  ./autogen.sh
>  ./configure ...
>
>again before running make?
>
>jwe

I'm a bit more cautious than that. Since I rarely modify the sources, I make a
copy of my archive and build from there. Thus, my build process is effectively,

#! /bin/sh -ev
cd octave
hg update -C release-3-0-x
cd ..
cp -r octave octave-3-0-x
cd octave
hg update -C default
cd ../octave-3-0-x
../osx_fix.sh
./autogen.sh
./configure ...
make
make check

The "osx_fix" script comments out the "INSTANTIATE_ARRAY_AND_ASSIGN\
(std::streamoff,\ OCTAVE_API" in /iboctave/Array-so.cc.

However, since I've not previously understood how to properly switch between
branches, it makes sense for me to try the build again. I'll do that and report
back.

Ben