Re: SuiteSparse static/dynamic libraries

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: SuiteSparse static/dynamic libraries
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 20:02:22 -0400

On Apr 8, 2008, at 7:39 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On  8-Apr-2008, Ben Abbott wrote:

| If the SuiteSparse package were modified to produce dynamic libraries | instead, would Octave find them, or does it look specifically for the
| static ones?

What do you mean by "would Octave find them?"  Do you mean would the
configure script find them?

Yes

The configure script doesn't go looking for files to find libraries. It only
runs the compiler to see whether compiling and linking succeeds.

Thanks for the explanation. I've never dove into how configure scripts work.

Ben