Re: version number in default hg branch?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: version number in default hg branch?
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:09:29 +0200

fre, 11 04 2008 kl. 14:59 -0400, skrev John W. Eaton:
> On 11-Apr-2008, David Bateman wrote:
>
> | Could we change the version number in the default hg branch?
>
> I can change the version number in the default branch now, but what
> should it be?  Should we make it 3.1.0 and count test releases as
> 3.1.1, 3.1.2, etc.?  Then I suppose we would make the next stable
> release as 3.2.0 instead of 3.1.0.  Is that OK?

Isn't that the way most Free projects work with version numbers? Anyway,
I think it would be nice to have development snapshots.

A related question: isn't it about time we drop the 'testing' or
'development' release? Now that 3.0 is out, can't we simply have
'stable' and 'development' releases?

Søren