Re: changing the way script files are evaluated

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: changing the way script files are evaluated
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:09:36 -0400

On 16-Apr-2008, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| If no further problems pop up with 3, it seems like a
| win-all-lose-nothing solution.

OK, it turned out to be a little easier to do this than I originally
thought, so the changes are checked in now.  I plan to work on block
comments next.

| It would even work when for scripts
| using temporary function redefinition like this:
|
| % start ...
| y = sin(x); % we want the trigonometric function
|
| % Christian version
| function s = sin(i)
| s = {"lust","gluttony","greed","sloth","wrath","envy","pride"}(i);
| endfunction
|
| % ... work in Christian mode
|
| clear sin
| % back in math again
|

| admittedly, it is a terrible practice, but I can still imagine myself using
it.

This should work, but "clear sin" does not seem to be working
properly.  Using "clear functions" works, but clearing a function
by name should also work.  This looks like a bug in clear.