Re: [CHANGESET]: First attempt at a single precision type.

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [CHANGESET]: First attempt at a single precision type.
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:12:28 -0400

On 28-Apr-2008, David Bateman wrote:

| So what should we do? Do promotion of "single" to "double" for all mixed
| operations as I currently implemented it? Change only the subsasgn
| operator for consistency with matlab? Or go the whole way and duplicate
| matlab's behavior? I suspect we'll probably have to duplicate matlab's
| behavior in something as basic as this otherwise we'll end up with a lot
| of odd differences between the behavior of a script run in Matlab or in
| Octave.. John whats your opinion?

I expect that we will need to be compatible here, though I don't see
that we must require the double operand of a mixed int/double
operation to be a scalar.  Likewise, I see no reason to omit the mixed
int/single operations if it is easy to get them (and I think it should
be relatively easy, though it does add somewhat to the bloat).