Re: log2 replacement

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: log2 replacement
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:22:20 -0400

On 30-Apr-2008, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 9:30 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
| >
| >  Since frexp has been part of standard C for nearly 20 years, I think
| >  we can assume it exists, so I deleted the check.
|
| OK, no problem. I think the same is true for log2 and perhpas other
| functions, isn't it? Perhaps a "cleanup"
| can be done.

Not log2.  The only math functions listed in my copy of K&R (2nd ed,
the one describing the new ANSI C) are

  sin  cos    tan  asin  acos  atan   atan2  sinh   cosh   tanh  exp
  log  log10  pow  sqrt  ceil  floor  fabs   ldexp  frexp  modf  fmod

I think it is safe to assume that anything in ANSI C89 exists, but
probably not C99, or at least not yet.