Octave-3.0.1 for Windows available

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Octave-3.0.1 for Windows available
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 10:54:22 +0200

Hi all,

I'm glad to announce that the binary installer of Octave-3.0.1 for
Windows is now available from octave-forge web site
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave).

Besides containing octave-3.0.1 and octave-forge-20080429,
the major differences are:
- no separate installers anymore: everything is included into
a single installer, which is about 53MB
- inclusion of OctaveDE GUI front-end as technology preview
(the software is still in alpha stage)

Among the new octave-forge packages, some of them have
been left out of this binary release, mainly because of lack
of support under Windows. They might be provided later on
as add-on's, if I succeed to compile them. Those packages
are: ann, database, ftp, octgpr, multicore and video. Other
unsupported packages are (as in previous releases): engine,
graceplot, optiminterp, parallel, pdb, tcl-octave, vrml, xraylib
and zenity.

Michael.