Re: "whos -all" and "who -all" fail

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: "whos -all" and "who -all" fail
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 13:09:51 -0400

On  5-May-2008, David Bateman wrote:

| Its even worse than that.. If I have a function for example
|
| function y = testf1 (x)
|  y = testf2(x);   ## line 2
| endfunction
| function y = testf2(x)
|  y = x +1;  ## line 5
| endfunction
|
| I can do dbstop("testf1",2). However, I can't set the breakpoint dbstop
| ("testf1:testf2",1) and if I set the breakpoint like dbstop ("testf1",
| 5), then the breakpoint is never triggered. So there is no way to set a
| breakpoint in a subfunction. The first of these syntaxes worked with
| 3.0.1, but not the second.

In the old symbol table, subfunctions were stored in the same table
with all other functions using the mangled name (i.e.,
"testf1:testf2").  Now subfunctions are stored in the symbol table
corresponding to the parent function, using just the name of the
subfunction (i.e., there is an entry for "testf2" in the subfunctions
map in the symbol table for "testf1").  The dbstop function has not
yet been updated for this change.  But before we change anything, what
is the syntax for setting a breakpoint in a subfunction in Matlab?  I
think we should use the same syntax if possible since that's what most
users will expect.