Re: "whos -all" and "who -all" fail

From: dbateman
Subject: Re: "whos -all" and "who -all" fail
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 11:47:34 -0700 (PDT)

John W. Eaton wrote:

> But before we change anything, what
> is the syntax for setting a breakpoint in a subfunction in Matlab?  I
> think we should use the same syntax if possible since that's what most
> users will expect.

Matlab has a function filemarker that on my system returns ">". The dbstop
command then uses the character defined by filemarker as the subfunction
separator. That is f1>f2. The question I ask myself but can't test is with
nested function

function f1
  function f2
    function f3
    end
  end
end

Is f3 defined as f1>f3 or f1>f2>f3. I suspect its f1>f2>f3 but can't check
at the moment. Note that the subfunctions in matlab can also have help
strings that can be accessed with the filemarker (cf the mathworks website
for the filemarker function and the pdede>pdeodes function). I don't know
what the values of filemarker are on other platforms

D.